Skip to main content

Closure


I could have been 18 again, envied by every girl for being a girlfriend of the best-looking guy in the class. I could have been the introverted bitch with an "attitude problem" again. I could have been the girl who was laughed at for weeks because she tripped down the stairs onto a guy who resembled a stick figure! I could have been messed-up again, so much so that littlest things would set the waterworks off. I could have been the helpless romantic, who - in spite of having her heart broken - would have forgiven the guy just because it would save me the big fight and frankly, save me from going back to being alone.

I could so easily go back to being that girl again; and I could have ended up having a memorable time. I could have forgiven the guy just because we liked the same band and hated the same subjects. I could have given in just for the familiarity and simplicity of it all.

I couldn't help getting lost in an intoxicating reverie, with some acoustic music filling the background.
But the phone rang again and I snapped back to reality.

If only it had been any other day, I thought, and I picked up the phone.
"Hey! Listen, I - I shouldn't have - I - " but then he sighed, and instead said, "I miss you!"

I had expected this but it ached nevertheless. I took a deep breath, mustered all my strength and finally said those words which would end it all. "It's not love for 'a person'", I said, remembering him saying these exact words to his then ex-girlfriend, " it's just love for 'the day'. Why don't you call me when the spell's broken."

And then I hung up, providing us both with the much needed closure!


Comments

Unknown said…
Ur intro to this post sounds like a chapter outta my life... Well kudos to you for finally calling the quits. You are moving on.. you will be fine.
Shourav said…
All the very best .

Popular posts from this blog

One moment please.

That relief you feel when you see their eyes stunned and their faces pained - even if for a second - that momentary relief! That is what makes us say hurting things, to be mean. That's what makes us want to scream and swear and make them cry. That relief that makes you feel that you don't have to bear it alone. It's eerily peaceful! That one short moment makes it less devastating. That you're not the only one with problems. You're not the only one fucked up. You are not the only depressed soul. You can  see the ghost of the laughter that still hasn't left their mouth before your outburst and it gives you hope, maybe even a little perspective. Suddenly, the world is a much bigger place and you're a barely-existent dot on that globe. You see the bigger picture. You see that there are much bigger problems. Problems that you would never, ever want to encounter. You see that the person standing in front of you - the person that you've just yelled at

Yes, I know you know it.

Life is a bitch. My only advice to you is run. Run before she catches up with you and bites you in your bum.  If you’ve read the above lines and agreed (sadly or grudgingly or whatever) you’ve been bitten already, HARD and it wouldn’t hurt to yell some well chosen curses to the wind either. Do it now. Let the pain out. Let your folks think you’re out of your mind. Let someone get offended and yell some profanities back at you. Let the birds fly away from you in shock. Let your boss fire you for going nuts. No… no, don’t. I take that back. Go yell in a bathroom or something if you’re in your office or yell at someone who works under you. Show them that you’re the boss. Be Hari Sadu from the advertisement for naukri.com if you want to and as liberating as that may make you feel, make sure the Hari Sadu of your life doesn’t get to see your performance. *winks* After all he’s the one paying who is paying you for everything you own down to your underwear, right? You see the ir

25% of me!

I was tagged on someone's blog for the very first time in my life....feels so special, I can't express...just seeing your name and your creation etched there in the normal black ink...people who read this wouldn't even look twice...'oh, whatever, she's a blogger...she writes...big deal!' is what they'll say...but to me? It means so so much...getting appreciation for your creativity...feels ecstatic...I remember when I had got my very first blog follower...out of nowhere...I hadn't even followed any other blog at that time, I guess...he just came outta nowhere and read my stuff and liked it... blissful I felt...n now, this . Thankyou, Molly... Okk...moving on to the 25 things I do....hmmm.... This is a chain-game....I've been passed it to me by Molly...I just gotta write some random 25 things about me...and then tag 10 ppl....those whom I tag have to then write 25things about them and so on... So here goes, 1. I'm Jitika Jain. Unwillingl